Saturday, March 24, 2012

Lucky Little Leprechaun


When Watson was in preschool, at My Skool,  he was taught for the first time how to trap leprechauns.  The trap consisted of a box propped up with a stick and a treat to lure them in under the box.  When the leprechaun was trapped the box was down, treat gone & the classroom a mess.  He did this same trapping each year at home and sometimes in his other classrooms.  I thought it would be a good idea this year for him to assist his brother in making his first Leprechaun Trap.  I gave them a shoe box & a box of crayons.
This is his 5 year old preschool masterpiece.  I'm pretty proud that I was at the other end of the house the entire time this creation was unfolding.  I stress this was assisted by Watson, but Cash decided to do his own thing....
Apparently W selected a stick from the yard to prop the box up.  Cash removed it, and replaced it with a can of orange pop.  When i questioned him about it later he said, "I like orange pop best so I thought my leprechaun would like it too."  He then when to his coveted Disney souvenir and returned with some treasures.  He added a table, one chair, a candlestick (love the accessories!) and Mickey with his sword.  The table and chair so he can be comfy.  The candle just because he likes it.  Mickey just so he doesn't have to be there by himself.  I asked if I should go buy some Lucky Charms.  He said, "No, I will get him a cold one out of the refrigerator."  I had NO CLUE what this kid was gonna pull out of there.  He had a stash of cold candy.  He said, "I know he'll like this."  He put a mini Snickers on the table.  ISN'T THIS ALL JUST PRECIOUS?  On the morning of March 17, the box was down, Snickers wrapper found, sports chocolate coins inside the box and a trail of small glittery shamrocks went from the box to the side entry.  I'm pretty sure he ate 9 or 12 coins that morning, but I could tell he was most impressed with the shamrocks.   I later found the shamrocks in this mini treasure box in his room on the top floor of the pirate ship with all his Disney friends of course ...sweet boy!
thank you Chelsi for the photo


Yesterday was the end of I think 5 days of rain?  I think it may have been worth it to see this vibrant rainbow and a faint second one right beside it.  Something is wrong with you if that doesn't make you smile!  We were driving home from Soccer in Tulsa when it appeared.  Cash said, "Hurry mom.  Drive fast!  I want to see some leprechauns and what they got under the rainbow!"

1 comment:

  1. The double rainbow was beautiful!

    What a cute idea with the leprechaun trap! I've never heard of it and wish I could have gotten to do that with my boys.

    ReplyDelete