Monday, January 9, 2012

Family Favorite Recipe

Don't say I NEVER cook...I do!  When i cook I do really cook.  If truth be known I HATE to go to the grocery store.  If we had a grocery store fairy I would cook a lot more often.  Chris says I can't cook anything simple.  He thinks it always has to be a big deal, and that is my problem.  I don't hear him complaining too often.  At the holidays, my family always requests "Becky's Potatoes."  I get a little bored and try new things usually every other year, but always come back to old trusty.  It is pretty high maintenance as most ingredients are cooked, combined and then cooked again.  My family thinks it is WORTH it!
HOT POTATO SALAD CASSEROLE
8 med potatoes (i prefer Yukon Gold)
32 oz mayo
1 pkg bacon cooked & crumbled
1 yellow onion finely diced
3/4 Big block Velveeta cubed
1 pkg mild cheddar cheese
salt & pepper

Preheat oven to 350.  Grease a 9x13 glass dish.  Clean potatoes & peal some skins off.  Boil them until almost done (about 8 min, need to be firm enough to cube).  Set aside & cool.  Place Velveeta, half bacon, mayo, onion, half cheddar and mix in pyrex.  Add cooled cubed potatoes.  Add salt & pepper.  Add remaining cheddar then bacon.  Cover with foil and bake 350 for 45 min.  Remove foil and cook additional 5-10 min.  Add 15 min to cooking time if prepared ahead and cooked directly from refrigerator.

3 comments:

  1. looks so yummy. Consider this recipe "pinned". lol adding it to pinterest as soon as i press "publish" on this comment... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You actually use the whole 32 oz. bottle of Mayo!

    ReplyDelete