Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Curb-Side Delivery

I have been mad, and then there are times that I have been MAD.  Unfortunately today was one of those few MAD days that happened.  We are anxiously awaiting the arrival of our new beams via freight delivery to be able to move back into our house.  Three days later than scheduled they arrived.  The lady who called to arrange delivery asked where they should be unloaded.  I replied the front door.  I paid for CURB SIDE delivery.  In the past that means the driver takes the items off the truck and sets outside the house at the designated door.  When he arrived, he asked me where my crew was to unload.  I told him he was looking at it.  He scooted each box to the edge of the semi and made ME lift everyone of them out.  I told him I would be glad to help and he told me I would have to do it myself!  I laughed and he said seriously lady if you want them you better get them.  Keep in mind that most are 16 feet long and one was over 30 feet long.  I had no shoes on and unloaded every beam myself.  Several were too heavy for me to get in the driveway.  I don't think anyone has ever treated me as rudely as he.  I felt like a dog.  Well our dog gets treated better than that even by me!  He got in the front of his truck and left me...beams and all....some in the street.  Not good.  Not good at all!  I didn't cry in front of him.  I waited until he left, and I haven't quit!  Then for the first time I allowed my husband to call and give his appreciation.  Lesson learned:  get in writing what kind of delivery you are paying for.  It's a good idea to have a copy of that with you.

1 comment: